10.2.14

Valentine themed week - Blue monday

Hey cuties,

This week Gelic' nail art and Traces of polish have arranged a Valentine themed week. I'm super excited, hope you are as well! I'm going to try to make the ordinary themed days work with my V-day manis. Such as blue Monday, red Tuesday and so on :) The green one is going to be tricky though.

First out is a pretty simple mani. IMO you can make any polish look stunning with a few rhinestones. Therefore I used heart shaped rhinestones to add a bit of a valentine feel to this mani. You can buy the hearts here. The blue polish is Peacock from IsaDora. A dark royal blue polish with shimmer. It's not matte though, the suede effect is thanks to a matte TC from OPI.  Peacock's formula was average. Not bad but not great either. It was a bit runny for my taste but I managed. On my ring finger I added some shimmer from Pop Culture Cosmetics on the free edge. The shimmer polish is called Magical wedding which I found very appropriate.

On my index and pinkie I added one of my favourite white-ish glitters of all time. Care bear stare from Darling Diva Polish. Care bare stare has heart, star, hex and circle shaped glitters. I used a make-up sponge when applying the glitter. I find that very helpful as it helps to avoid the glitter from getting to thick. Another tip is to wait until the polish is kinda tacky and gently dab the polish to flatten it out.

That's all for now. If you wan't to participate on this theme week here's a link to the InLinkz codes :)

Until next time, take care!
/Christina


3 comments:

  1. Åh så fint! :D Riktigt kul att du är med! Gillar att du kör färgtemorna som vanligt också, då blir det extra mycket utmaning! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kul att du är med! Gillar kombinationen, den känns lite oväntad, och inte överdrivet alla-hjärtans. Superfint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Läckert och kul med andra färger än röd å rosa som valentin naglar

    ReplyDelete