6.2.14

Colors by Llarowe holo comparison (pic heavy)

Hey guys!

I've ordered quite a few CbL holos lately. When looking at the bottles they look so similar that I've started to question my sanity lol. So I decided to swatch and compare. I have two coats of each colour. All eight polishes where easy to apply, as always with Cbl's. I also applied one thin coat of Pretty & Polished fast drying TC. The TC did not affect the holographic properties of any of the colours.  

Time for some pictures. I have used eight different polishes, four blueish purples and four reddish purples. I have taken pictures with and without flash since both colour and what type of rainbows the polish contains varies. 


From pinkie to index:
Unorthodox Annie, Oxen, Good golly miss Molly and Dirty Diana.


Just as described by CbL Good golly miss Molly is a darker version of Dirty Diana. I was hoping for it to be a bit darker than it is though. Dirty Diana has much stronger holographic properties and that's the only difference you will notice if you're comparing them in subdued lighting. I sunlight it's more obvious that GGMM is a bit darker. 

Oxen on the other hand is is pretty different from the other three colours. It is not at all as holographic, it's actually more of a scattered holo than a linear one and it's leaning towards a burgundy colour. I think I might have to compare it to Holiday 2013 because I think they might be rather similar.

Finally time for Unorthodox Annie that is a dark brownish eggplant purple. It may also be similar to Holiday 2013 but this one has a really strong holo. 

Do you need all four of them? Well, I do. But a normal people don't. I would have loved if GGMM was a tad darker but it's gorgeous this way as well. 


From index to pinkie:
Paper moon, Smooth criminal, This girl is on fire... help! and Woman from Tokyo.


Let's talk about the elephant in the room. Paper moon and Smooth criminal are ridiculously similar. The only difference is that Paper moon has stronger holographic properties. The two polishes would almost have qualified as dupes if wasn't for the difference in "holoness". What do you guys think, would you call them dupes? 

When it comes to the other two colours I think there are big differences and I enjoy wearing both of them :) 

I will keep all eight polishes even though my boyfriend only thought I was wearing three different  colours lol :) What do you think, are there any of the eight colours that you wouldn't buy? 

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

10 comments:

  1. Wow, great post! Thanks! It's good to see that I might skip a few of these.
    I'm in love with Molly, so happy I got that one! But I also want Diana, and maaaybe Annie :)
    I thought Paper Moon was warmer than that, so I'll skip it since I have Smooth Criminal.
    I think "girl on fire" is D/C? So yeah, I'll be satisfied with Woman from Tokyo! Yey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked it! I'm becoming a CbL-junkie and I totally agree you don't need all of them. For me it's more about collection than wearing when it comes to Llarowe. I'm not sure, Girl on fire might be discontinued. It's a shame since she's such a cutie ^^ The Japanese lady is HOT and I'm sure you'll love her :D

      Delete
  2. Den enda som jag inte har är this girl is on fire men kommer nog försöka få tag i den eftersom jag älskar CbL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alltså dom lila.. Underbart fina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comparison post! Iv just got DD from cbl and can't wait to wear her <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) DD is one of my all time favourites from CbL. You'll love her, and she will love you ;)

      <3 <3

      Delete
  5. WOW! Fantastiskt inlägg! Jag har både DD och GGMM, och älskar båda passionerat! Kanske måste jag försöka lägga vantarna på kvinnan från Tokyo också, vackert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh vad glad jag blir! Tack :))) Jag är ju lite ohälsosamt besatt av Llarowes lack, visste bara inte att det hade blivit så många lol :D Jag tycker absolut att du ska försöka haffa den japanska donnan hon är så läcker!

      Delete