13.2.14

Love Thy Polish - Vermillion dollar baby


Hey cuticle cuties!

I will be swatch bombing the blog today, I hope you don't mind :) I went do the dentist this morning and when I came home I hade received a packaged from Emma at Love Thy Polish. So let's start right away shall we.

Vermillion dollar baby (VDB) is my first encounter with Love Thy Polish and I must say that I'm impressed with the formula. The application was smooth and I was pleased with the opacity after three thin coats. I'm not wearing top coat in the pictures but this polish is pretty glossy on it's own like most jellies are.

This gorgeous orange jelly is part of a new collection called Speckled n' Frecked. VDB is a neon orange jelly with matte black micro and nano glitters. When I looked at the bottle at first I thought it looked kind of boring, but boy was I wrong. You can sneak peak at the first picture and you will see what I mean. I'm not a big fan of orange, except on my nails. I think it looks awesome with orange nails and this polish is no exception! Since VDB is a jelly I experienced some VNL but that doesn't bother me. If you can't stand VNL I would recommend to layer it over a white polish. By doing so you will both avoid the VNL and make the orange pop even more. I think I might try that myself as a matter of fact.  

I'll be back soon with another polish from this collection. After that, prepare for holo mayhem! 

Love Thy Polish can be bought at Love Thy PolishNorway nailsMei Mei and Funkee Nailz. Not all of these shop ship worldwide, unfortunately, but a few do :)

The Speckled n' Frecked collection will be released at Love Thy Polish on Saturday (15/2) - 8am SA time. I've asked Emma if these will be available at Norway Nails and I will update this post as soon as I know :)

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

4 comments:

  1. SÅ SJUKT SNYGGT!! Vilket helt underbart lack. Detta måste jag skriva upp på min önskelista men jag gissar att det kommer vara svårt att få tag på.

    Jag fattar inte hur dina bilder blir så himla bra kvalitet när du för över dem :/ Sparar du dem i JPEG? Blogger förstår alltid mina bilder :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag hoppas du får tag på det för jag håller med, det är så fint :)

      Vad gäller bilder så sparar jag i JPEG. Jag komprimerar inte bilderna, vilket leder till att det tar längre tid för min blogg att ladda :/ Mina bilder som jag laddar upp efter att jag har beskurit dem ligger runt 1MB. Så frustrerande att blogger försämrar kvalitén :/ :(

      Delete
  2. Vilket underbart lack, håller med om att det ser tråkigt ut i flaskan dock! Generellt har jag blandade känslor för orange men här blir det svårt att motstå :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nja, föredrar faktiskt BBP! ♥ lila och det var såååå läckert! ;-)

    ReplyDelete