12.2.14

China Glaze - Sea goddess gradient

Hey lovelies,

Hope that you're having a great day this far :) My parents dogs are at my place for a couple of days so the three of us are relaxing, taking walks and enjoying life. 

Todays mani is a texture gradient. I have used two polishes from China Glaze Sea goddess collection. The darker pink is Shell we dance and the lighter one is Wish on a starfish. I love the names, there so funny. I love texture gradients, the are so easy to do and it looks really cool. This is how I do my gradients. First off I apply the colour closest to the cuticle over the entire nail. For this gradient I ended up with two coats of each colour to achieve full opacity. After that I gently dab the other colour on with a make-up sponge. I repeat the dabbing until I have a smooth transition. I think this gradient turned out great and I'm rely pleased with the final result. 

I know that not everybody enjoys texture polishes as much as I do, but they really are amazing for gradients. If your not a big fan of the gritty finish I have a tip for you. Most texture polishes require a lot of TC to get smooth. But if you take a nail file and buff the polish to even it out, all you will need is one coat of TC to get a super shiny finish and a really pretty gradient :)


Until next time, take care!
/Christina

5 comments:

  1. Sockersötaste manikyren nånsin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superfint! Allt blir så läckert på dina naglar :)
    Jag hade bestämt att jag inte behöver något från denna kollektion men du får mig att ångra mig...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så himla snyggt! Älskar texturlack men jag måste verkligen testa ditt tips med att fila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jättefint, ser ut som dekorationssocker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ja dom ser fantastiska ut, som dom är doppade i finkornigt socker :)

    ReplyDelete