12.2.14

China Glaze - Sea goddess collection part 1 (pic heavy)

Hey guys!

I wasn't planning on doing this post yet, but since Alexandra at My nail utopia asked me I thought why not. Even though the collection only contains of six colours I decided to split the post in two parts. Let's jump right inte the review shall we :)

First out is Sand dolla make you holla (SDMYH). SDMYH is a creamy white with micro glitters. This is pretty, discrete yet fun. The texture wasn't super gritty and it didn't dry matte like most sand polishes do. I like it, it's different and pretty darn cute! I applied three coats for full coverage. 

Tail me something (TMS), is a purple super textured polish with silver shimmer. This is a pretty classic sand polish, I wouldn't say that the colour is very unique. The formula was great though and two coats was enough to achieve full opacity. I like this colour and I'll definitely wear it again even though I have others really similar to it. 

Last up is Teal the tide turns (TTTT). This one also dried kind of glossy. I really like the glossy finish and the colours is definitely unique. It's a intense mint green/dusty teal with green micro glitter. Three coats was needed and the formula wasn't the best. If you wait longer between layers than I did perhaps you won't experience the same problems. It was kind of like when applying a holo and you get bald patches when painting over the same area twice. TTTT and SDMYH didn't dry as fast as TMS did. I think it's some sort of science thing (lol) since they both have a glossy finish. 

What du you think, do you like them? I think they are super cute and I glad I got them. Even though TMS is kind of a classic sand colour by now. 

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

4 comments:

  1. Fina swatches men jag har lite svårt för den blanka ytan tror jag! Den lila gillar jag men den påminner väldigt mycket om Isadoras från förra sommaren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag gillar det lila texturlacket, de andra två är inte riktigt min favvis....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det lila var ju vrålsnyggt ! Vill ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jag är ju inte så mycket för texturlack, men det lila var väldigt fin färg på.

    ReplyDelete