1.4.14

Simple kawaii nail art

Are you familiar with the word "kawaii"? It's Japanese and means cute/loveable/adorable. I've been a big fan of Japanese street fashion for many years and especially the accessories and make-up. My favourite style is called Decora and it's basically a awesome "plastic-is-fantastic-pastel-rainbow-inferno"-style. 

So when I got to choose a couple of things to review from BPS I couldn't resist to try these cute little donuts out :) 
They where quite thick though, so I filed them so that they would apply better to my nails. I used a regular nail file and it worked really well. It took no more than five minutes to slim down two donuts. You get ten donuts in a little zip lock bag. There are quite a few different designs to choose from, I picked number 4. 

I have used a few other things as well. A couple of nail vinyls, big surprise huh!? As I've mentioned before I buy mine from this storenvy site. I also used the following polishes. Lavendairy, Crema de Limon and Parfait Day all three from Lime Crime. Magical parade from Pop Culture Cosmetics and Coconut from Colors by Llarowe. 
I'll do a description from index-pinkie on how I did these nails.

Index: I started with two coats of Crema di Limon and applied three stripe vinyls. After that I used a make-up sponge and did a gradient using Lavendairy and Parfait Day. 
Middle: I started off with one coat of Lavendairy and used a half moon vinyl. On top of the vinyl I applied on coat of Parfait Day. I applied a really thick coat of TC and pressed on the donut. If you want this mani to last longer than a day or two I would recommend using nail glue. 
Ring: I used a basic white cream polish as base and applied one coat of Magical Parade. After that I applied one coat of coconut and did some mini dots with the three polishes form Lime Crime. 
Pinkie: For the pinkie I used Crema de Limon as base colour and applied french manicure vinyls over the entire nail. I then applied one coat of Parfait Day over the vinyls. 

I also applied a generous layer of TC on all of the nails, except the donut one. 
What do you guys think? I'm really pleased with this mani. It was really fun to make and wear :D The colours work really well for a easter mani as well. 

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

5 comments:

  1. Oh! Just lovely and delicious mani! Stunning! Kata likes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så sött! :) Munkarna är ju bara helt bedårande haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sjukt gulligt och roligt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Åh! Älskar denna manikyr! Så rolig, precis som naglar ska vara :)

    ReplyDelete