20.1.14

My nail care must-haves!

Hey cuticle cuties!
Time for a nail care blog post. This post will be pretty long so I decided to spice it up with a couple of GIF's. Feel free to ask questions, you can ask them in the comments below or send me an email

Cuticles
I know that a lot of you guys have problems with dry cuticles. It's almost inevitable in Sweden during the winter. I have three must-have products that I always keep at home. My number one love is Sally Hansen - Instant cuticle remover. This stuff is like my heroin! I apply it to all my fingers and gently scrape it of with the flat sid of a orange stick. It removes dead skin and is great to use if your cuticles have been discoloured from polish. It use cuticle remover about once every two weeks. 

Ninth Doctor, I love him!
After I have used the cuticle remover I always moisturise my cuticles. My moisturiser of choice varies from day to day but I do have one favourite. Lemony flutter from Lush. Lemony flutter is a thick cream loaded with different oils such as coconut, soya and avocado. It has a tangy scent that reminds me of a lemon and ginger mix. I absolutely love it. Sometimes I use coconut oil as hand and cuticle cream. Since it's so rich a little goes a long way. 


Finally my last must-have is The Body Shop's Almond nail & cuticle oil. I love products that come in pen applicators. It makes it possible to apply oil on the unpainted side of  the free edge which is great. It has a sweet but discrete scent that I really enjoy. The almond pen is kind of pricy so I try to buy extras when I'm abroad. 

Base coat
I have found the number one base coat. The only thing is that it's the number one base coat for me. I've been experimenting and trying different brands and unfortunately that's the only way to find out what works for you. I use Trind nail reapir and I think it's AWESOME! Before I started using it my nails would peel and break but not anymore. I apply a thin coat as my base coat and a bonus is that I rarely get discoloured nails. 
Tribute to Trind!


Top coat
I'm a Seche vite fangirl. I love that stuff! I remember the first time I used it. I was amazed by it's pure awesomeness. You know how I mentioned that Sally Hansen's cuticle remover was my heroin? That's not true. SV is my heroin. When I apply SV my manicure becomes complete. I don't have the shrinking problem that some do. I use a lot of thinner which might be the reason why it dosen't shrink. 
Source
Nail files
I hate the sound of glass files against my nails. But in my opinion they are the best. I have a problem with them though. I tend to sit on them and my empirical studies show that glass files break when you sit on them. How can one sit on nail files you might wonder. Well, I usually do my nails in the sofa while watching TV. Preferably animal planet. I have come to the conclusion that I have some sort of glass file magnet in my butt that attracts all the files in a two meter radius. That's how you sit on a glass file. 




Remover
I use pure acetone and it works great for me. I buy it at Biltema for 39 SEK/litre and pour some of it into a smaller container. I know that some nail junkies have problems finding the best remover and my only advice is that you try different types until you find your favourite brand.


Phew! I think that's all. As I mentioned in the beginning of the post, please let me know if you have any questions :) 
Source
Until next time, take care!
/Christina

13 comments:

  1. Tack för ett väldigt bra och informativt inlägg. Nyfiken på SH Cuticle remover, det kanske man skulle testa....;-) Älskar såna här inlägg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja det borde du verklig, den är helt magisk. Den finns på bl.a lindex :) Roligt att du tyckte om inlägget! <3

      Delete
  2. Jättebra att få läsa om ditt nagelpysslande! Har precis skaffat bas- och topplack så lite tips på vägen är toppen att få. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Förresten...var hittar man Trind?

      Delete
    2. Roligt att gillar inlägget :) Jag köper trind på Gekås men jag har för mig att det finns på Åhléns!

      Delete
  3. Bra inlägg! Blev sugen på att knåpa ihop något liknande. För mig är nagelolja viktigt, använder du någon sån? Eller tycker du att det räcker med Trind? Har aldrig testat det men måste nog ta att göra det.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag använder inte ren olja jätteofta. Bara pennan från The Body Shop. Har även en liknande "penna" från OPI som jag använder periodvis, avoplex heter den nog.

      Roligt att du gillade inlägget :)

      Delete
  4. Väldigt kul inlägg! Det är alltid kul att läsa vad som fungerar för andra. Nu har jag iofs också mina favoriter men minns hur jag alltid letade såna här inlägg när jag hade lite mindre koll på mina naglar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samma här. Det var mina absolut bästa inlägg att läsa. Tyvärr är det ju helhetesupplägget som är det viktiga och inte de specifika produkterna i inlägget. Vilket jag fick lära mig den hårda och dyra vägen, lol.

      Delete
  5. Jag är nog lite av en rebell när det kommer till vård av mina naglar, jag ryser i hela kroppen bara av tanken att börja peta på mina nagelband så jag brukar inte bry mig när nagellacksbloggar skriver om sånt. MEN, du skriver om det och varvar det med Doctor Who, Glee OCH Will Ferrell-gifar och då kommer faktiskt allt i ett annat ljus ^^ Till och med jag tog till mig av vad du skrev, good work! Och keep up the blog, dang vad bra den är! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Hannah! Vad glad jag blir :D Härligt med en fellow whovian. Pahlish Dr. Who kollektion är på väg till mig så förbered dig på fler doktorsreferenser ^_^

      Delete
    2. Wooohooo! :D Jag har Mad man with a box men inte hunnit prova ännu ^^ Ska bli roligt att se dina swatches :D

      Delete
  6. Inlägg som detta läser jag gärna, vem vill inte få tips på hur man får så vackra naglar som du har :) Lemon Flutter använder jag med, blev så glad när jag såg att Lush öppnat en butik i Malmö. Jag får nog testa Sally Hansen här näst.

    ReplyDelete