14.1.14

365 Days of Color - Horcrux collection

Hello muggles!

I have a wonderful collection to show you today. It is TO DIE FOR. Litterally, Voldie... I mean He-who-must-not-be-named died because of these. Oops SPOILER ALERT :P I was really pleased with the delivery time. I ordered this collection on the seventh of January and received it today. I think that's pretty impressive. First some random mumbo jumbo. All polishes are swatched without base and top coat. When it comes to formula I was really pleased with all of them, no problems whatsoever. The bottle and brush are the classic indie type. I really like that brush, it's pretty small and works great for me. 

About the collection. It consists of seven polishes, duh :P Two jellies with glitter, two glitter toppers, two full coverage polishes and one shimmer topper. Besides the polishes in the collection I have also used Nordic Cap - NP12, OPI - Moonraker and Essie - Borrowed and Blue. Okay, enough babbling time for some swatches!

Btw I have them listed in the order they where destroyed. Did you really expect anything else?
The Diary
First out is The Diary. This is a beautiful grey jelly with dark grey prismatic glitter. I have applied two coats over one coat of Moonraker. I am a big fan of grey polishes and this one was no exception. I think it's stunning!

The Ring
Next out is The Ring. I have on coat layered over The Locket and I love this combination. I usually don't go for colours like this but I'm definitely going to broaden my horizon. It's a calm colour but with a twist and I think it works pretty well with my skin tone.

The Locket
This is The Locket on it's own. A warm olive green metallic polish. The formula of this one was magical. It applied just like butter. I needed three thin coats to achieve full coverage. 

The Goblet
The Goblet is a classic golden topper. I have a few similar so I wasn't super excited about this one but it's a nice topper. Easy to apply and the glitter spread evenly. I have one coat over The Snake. 

The Diadem
This is one of my favourites. The Diadem is soft glitter topper. The mix of blue, gold and silver really works for me. The glitter application was easy with this one as well. No problems whatsoever. I have two coats over Borrowed and Blue. 

The Boy Who Lived
"Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Come to die. AVADA KEDAVRA!". Need I say more? Best scene ever. This polish is Harry Potter for me. His black hair and his mother eyes. It's just brilliant. I have two coats over one coat of NP12.
The Snake
The Snake, what a finally! Grass green cream polish with wonderful golden shimmer. Nagini would have loved to wear this. Well... that would require nails. Snakes don't have nails. But still. Two coats, applied like smooth snake venom. Err. Never mind. 

I LOVE THIS COLLECTION! Enough said. If you also love it you can order it here for 56 USD. This is my first HP collection but definitely not my last.

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

3 comments:

  1. Riktigt fina!! The Boy who lived är verkligen stunning!! :)
    Har du kollat på Alanna Renees Harry Potter kollektion? Finns ett antal finingar där....

    ReplyDelete