9.3.14

Nail art Sunday - Dry brush mani

Hi guys!

It's been too many Sundays passing without me participating in Lelack's nail art Sunday. But today I'm in! I saw todays type of mani for the first time not long ago. It was the talented Louise over at tips and top coat that did it. I've gotten to know her since she also swatched the Spring frenzy collection. You should defineltey check out her blog if you haven't already. She is sooo talented!

This is called dry brush and it's so easy! What you do is basically removing almost all of the polish from the nail polish brush and apply the remaining colour on the brush to the chosen areas of the nail. Then you repeat it with colours of your choice. I can imagine that this technique can be used to make awesome army patterns. The only tip I can give you is to use highly pigmented colours. 

I used Woodstock (yellow), Lucy, I'm home! (orange red), Vamp (red), It's shocking! (hot pink), Fellings, whoa whoa whoa (purple), Piece of me (dusty blue), Young turks (turquoise) and Seahawks lime (green). All these colours are holos and I think that made the mani even more festive but you can go for whatever finishes you prefer.

That's all for now!

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

17 comments:

  1. So fun and gorgeous!! Makes me happy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what I was going for! I'd love to see one with some of your LL's :)

      Delete
  2. Det blir en snygg effekt av den tekniken, framför allt med holografiska lack:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jag tror verkligen att holografiska lack är bra att använda. Frostiga kan nog också fungera bra, men jag lider av frostallergi :P

      <3

      Delete
  3. I have no words to say, how lovely this mani is!!! The most beautiful rainbow in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *dreggel* måste införskaffa mig fler holos.. skitsnyggt!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jupp det måste du! Man kan inte ha för många :D

      <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ja, vill gärna se en med dina fina Zoya-lack :)

      <3

      Delete
  6. Häftigt! Har sett Tips and Topcoats inlägg och trots att det är samma teknik blir det helt annorlunda när dina naglar har en annan form och längd än hennes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fräcka regnbågs naglar i dubbel bemärkelse :P

    ReplyDelete