4.3.14

Colors by Llarowe - Polishing under the influence (PUI) and Connie, you saucy minx

Let's continue the Spring frenzy!

I have two lovely non-holos to show you tonight. I know that most of you guys love the CbL-holos but I must say, I really like the other CbL finishes as well. So this will be a holo free post, but I hope you will enjoy it anyway :)


First out is Polishing under the influence. First of all, I LOVE the name of this polish. I think it's so funny! With that said let's start talking about the polish. This is one of the two flakies from the collection. The other one is Parts & pieces, I'm definitely getting that one at the next restock! Alright back to PUI. PUI is a tricky polish to describe. The first thing you'll notice is the big golden flakes, then you'll also see the semi transparent purple mini flakes and turquoise micro glitter. It's really intense. 

In all pictures except the last I did a nude to black gradient as base. I was hoping that it would be a cool way to show PUI over different colours. Unfortunately it doesn't show that well in the pictures. Therefore I added a final picture where I have layered PUI over black on my pinkie and three layers on it's own on the other three nails.  

Formula wise it's pretty thick, this one needs thinner IMO. The drying time is quite slow but I think that has to do with it's thick consistency. I'll add some thinner and let you guys now if it dries faster with the help of that. If you look at the final picture you can see that it does get pretty thick with three layers. I think that this one should be layered. It looks amazing and really unique over black!

Enough babbling, picture time! 

Next up is Connie, you saucy minx. This is such a gorgeous purple. This is basically what I excepted from Fantasy fire by Max Factor but didn't get. Connie is a shimmer jelly and the dark purple jelly base gives such depth to the polish. I applied three coats but I'm definitely going to try different layerings. Imagine Connie over dark blues, purples and blacks!

The formula was great, not at all as PUI. It applied smoothly and dried fast. In the pictures you can see some VNL but it wasn't visible IRL. The first picture really shows the different colours shifts of Connie. 

What do you guys think about these two colours? Yay or nay? Let me know in the comments below :) <3

The spring collection will be available at Llarowe's website. They will be restocked a few times in the future. I'll update you guys when I know the dates and times :)

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

5 comments:

  1. Connie är så vackert! Jag vill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jättefina båda två på olika sätt, och jag tycker att PUI är fin på egen hand också. Fast Connie vinner mitt hjärta eftersom jag ♥ blått och lila färger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag är rätt besviken (om det nu är rätt ord) på att CbL har gjort ett lack som verkligen liknar Smitten Polish You Saucy Minx och dessutom döpt det till i princip samma namn. Dessa lack är enligt mig för lila dock, jag är väldigt petig med den färgen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my colours but lovely
    pictures like always <3

    ReplyDelete