19.3.14

Emily de Molly - Monet's garden

First of all, please let me rage a bit.

I googled swatches of this polish and they ALL looked blue. Not green, BLUE. And to be honest so did my pictures, but the colour on my nails was a green turquoise and not blue at all. I know that swatches can differ in colour. But this is just ridiculous.

This is what the picture looks like without any editing: 
A gorgeous colour indeed, but it's not what Monet's garden look like. I had the same problem when I was swatching this polish. It looked super blue when it's actually not.

After I've edited a picture this is what it looked like:
A green base with glitters that might differ a tiny bit from their true colours. I am aware of the fact that the monitors affect the colours. But, it's a difference between monitors showing a slightly different colour and posting pictures that are completely off!

Some of you might think that I'm making a hen out of a feather, as we say in Sweden. In other words that I'm making a really big thing of nothing at all. But honestly, haven't we all gotten really disappointed when the amazing polish we ordered looked nothing like the swatches? I sure know I have. With that said, if you think that my swatches aren't accurate I would want to know it. If you think that photos I have taken are completely off PLEASE let me know.

I don't mean to sound like some kind of colour accuracy guru but to me it's more important that the colours of the polish I post look correct. I really don't care if the colour of my skin tone looks a bit weird. You don't come here to see colour accurate skin tone pictures, you come here to see accurate polish swatches! Sorry about the rage but I had to get this out of my system.
Now time for the actual review of this polish. Monet's garden was rather easy to apply considering the extreme amount of glitter. I have three coats in the pictures and that was required for full coverage. You could definitely layer it, but I love the depth you get when using it on it's own. I applied one coat of SV and it dried pretty fast. After a while it was a bit gritty so I applied another coat of SV and got it completely smooth. 

Don't forget to check out Karin's green Wednesday if you love green as much as I do :)

That's all for now... And btw, you guys are the best! 
Until next time, take care!
/Christina

7 comments:

  1. I see, it's green, not blue at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really share your frustation. I know that bloggers mostly blog for their own gain but at the same time I can't understand how one can have a professional blog and post a picture of a blue polish when it in reality is blue. Its the same with purple/blue, purple/pink and red/pink. It's hard to take color accurate pictures but I expect that one should at least comment the color accuracy of the photos that you publish in your blog. I have been disappointed so many times when I've ordered polishes :/ Keep up the good work. Love your post and your nails! <3

    //Your biggest fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Design and nail geek19 March 2014 at 20:36

    Hey! I always keep up to date on your new posts. You're really talented AND have amazing nails! I think the new header and design is AWESOME. Keep up the good work, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for caring so much. I depend on your photos to see what the polish is like! It drives me crazy when I Google a polish and see pictures of it showing it in different shades of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jag kan också störa mig enormt på att det är svårt att hitta "riktiga" bilder på vissa lack, om det inte går att ta kort som är korrekta i färgåtergivningen så skriver man väl ner det? Har blivit besviken mer än en gång om man säger så... Angående Monet's Garden så tackar jag för bilderna, jag har funderat på om jag ska lägga ut mer än jag är bekväm med bara för att skaffa detta, men nu kan jag spara pengar :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johannah Tintomara20 March 2014 at 19:34

    Måste säga att jag är lite förvånad, har också fått för mig att den ska vara betydligt blåare. Nu älskar jag ju just denna grönturkosa färg som du visar upp men jag kan ändå förstå din frustration!

    ReplyDelete