25.8.14

piCture pOlish blog/insta fest 2014!


Oh my G! 

I've been keeping a really big secret from you guys, but now it's finally time to let you know. I was picked to participate in one of my favourite nail blogger events, piCture pOlish blog/insta fest. I'm so excited! This has been a secret since the 27th of May and I've been wanting to tell you ever since! 

What's really cool with this year's blog/insta fest is that it features my favourite nail vinyl brand, Nail Vinyls. As you know I've been using them for quite a while and I'm really glad to see that Linda's business is going so well. 
 
piCture pOlish - Shocked
First out are some lovely, if I may say so, pictures of an amazing polish. Dear readers I give you Shocked. I totally freaked when I got the e-mail with information about what colours I was receiving. As you all know by now I LOVE jellies with prismatic micro glitters. Guess what, Shocked is a jelly with prismatic micro glitters. It's like it was made for me, lol. 
Let's start with the review, shall we? As I mentioned Shocked is a jelly. The base is a bright raspberry pink and it's packed with prismatic micro glitter shards that sparkle like crazy. The polish did look  a bit sheer in the bottle and I was pretty sure that the mani wouldn't be completely VNL-free. Boy was I wrong! It covered perfectly with three medium thick coats. The formula was outstanding, it dried fast in between coats and it self-leveled perfectly. Most jellies with micro glitters tend to dry gritty, Shocked didn't. I assume it is has to do with the glitters being so tiny. I applied one coat of tc to add extra shine. 
I'm not sure if there are any other PP jellies like Shocked but if there are, I NEED THEM! Shocked is such a squishy and  fruity shade and it's definitely a Passionate About Polish colour :)
If you want more information about piCture pOlish check out these links!
International Stockists: piCturepOlish.com.au/network
piCture pOlish - Coral Reef & Marine and straight Nail Vinyls
I hope you're excited for the second part of the blog/insta fest! Now it's time for a two coloured nail art challenge featuring nail vinyls. The two colours that were chosen for me are Coral Reef and Marine. The nail vinyls I got were straight ones. I decided to do a cute little triangular splatter design. 

This is how I did the triangular part. 
* I started off with painting my nails with the two base colours, Marine on my ring finger and Coral Reef on my middle finger. 

* Then I placed the vinyls like a large V with the pointy end at the cuticle with a smaller V inside of it. I also placed one vinyl to protect the tip of my nail. 

* When I had placed the vinyls I painted one thick coat of polish over the vinyls, Coral Reef on my ring finger and Marine on my middle finger. 

* Immediately after applying the polish I removed the vinyls with the help of a pair of tweezers. I made sure that the polish was tacky before I applied the top coat to avoid the colours to smudge. 
On my index finger and pinkie I decided to do the opposite of a geometric design, SPLATTER NAILS! Splatter nails are so much fun to do, and pretty easy as well. 

This is how I did the splatter nails:
* I started with applying Coral Reef on my pinkie and Marine on my index finger. 

* Then I took a straw and cut it in half. I dipped the straw in nail polish and blew through it and tried to hit the target aka my nail. The tricky part is to actually manage to aim so you will get the splatter on your nails and not on your hands. 

The only downside with splatter nails is that it does require som serious clean-up. I would recommend that you cover your fingers with some tape or wood glue to minimise the clean-up.

As I already mentioned I love Nail Vinyls. They are the best vinyls I have tried and I definitely prefer the straight ones over striping tape. I hate cutting striping tape, I absolutely love getting pre-cut straight vinyls. There is one thing that is bad about them, I think that they might be to short if you're rocking super long nails. A few millimetres longer than mine and you might have problems with the length of them if you want to use them for diagonal designs. With that said, they work great for me and my nail length. 

Marine Coral Reef are the first PP-cremes I've tried and I'm very impressed. Formula-wise they are similar to my favourite creme brand Barry M. The brush is flat and wide which I prefer, that's a big plus for me. Marine is almost a one-coater. It's really pigmented and a great nail art polish. When it comes to Coral Reef it's sheerer so I needed three coats for it to cover completely. It did however work great for both the triangles and the splatter since I applied rather thick coats of it. 
If you want more information about Nail Vinyls check out these links!

Being part of this amazing blog challenge have been so much fun! I hope you all, both my old and perhaps a few new readers(?) have enjoyed reading it. Check out the InLinkz below if you wan to read blog posts from all the other amazing participants. Have a great day and I'll "talk" to you tomorrow. 

Love,
Christina 

2 comments:

  1. Shocked is on my wishlist :D
    Your nail art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look. The splatter looks great!

    ReplyDelete