17.9.14

OPI - Push and Shove

Hey guys!

I'm taking a break from watching Gravity, man that movie is intense!
Today I decided to give a polish a second first impression. That's actually something that I rarely do. Anyway, the first time I tried Push and Shove I was very disappointed. OPI did really hype it and when I tried it was like, meh. I thought it looked uneven and it showed every ridge on my nails in a very unflattering way. But today I got and idea and I just had to try it. 

I started with the base coat that comes with Push and Shove, it's in a 5ml bottle and is called Lay Down That Base. The I applied two coats of Push and Shove and like last time, all my nails flaws became very visible. So I applied two really thick coats of top coat and waited until the tc was dry. After that I applied a third coat of Push and Shove and it really did the trick. The tc helped create a smooth finish making the ridges less visible. I really like how 'roboty' Push and Shove looks when it's smoother. I'm glad I didn't get rid of it!

I assume that this "technique" can be used with all super metallic colours. I love how great my robot nails look :) Have lovely evening and I'll "talk" to you guys tomorrow <3
Love,
Christina

7 comments:

  1. I picked this up on sale. Little did we know a deluge of similar chromes would appear. I picked up some from Dance Legend to try but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Släta riktiga metalliska lacker är "to die for" och det är verkligen detta på dina bilder. Urläckert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så snyggt på dig! Kanske skulle ge det här lacket en chans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Älskar Push and Shove och hoppas att OPI släpper ett roséguld i samma finish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good on your nails! Glad you gave it another chance. My nails have ridges also. I do a layer of base coat over a previous (smooth) mani and then polish with metallics, usually the Sally Hansen metallics that came out this year. Thank you for the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Det ser väldigt läckert ut på dig! Dock är jag inget jättefan av hela naglar i metall, men det kunde vara kul att ha som accent i och för sig:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christina, this is a tough one to get it right, and I had a similar experience. But after seeing on a few other blogs - and it looks perfect - I tried it again as well. I actually used OPI Nail Envy with a coat of Seche, then the special base and then just one coat of Push and Shove. Viola! It turned out perfectly.
    And yeah, it looks so 'mechanical' but coooool! : )

    ReplyDelete