14.9.14

Nail art Sunday - Longing... For a new government

Hi cuties!

How are you guys today? I'm super duper nervous! Today is a big day in Sweden, the swedish election ends today. Tonight at 8pm we will get a preliminary result and I can't wait. Because of the election I decided to do a manicure the match the political parties that might become our new government. The colours that hopefully will be included are: red (Social Democrats), red (Left Party), green (Green Party) and pink (Feminist Initiative)! 

I used the following colours: CbL - Little Red Corvette. Seahawks Lime & It's Shocking, Dance Legend - Rio2, Enchanted Polish - Life in Plastic, It's Fantastic, Pop Culture Cosmetics - Red Carpet and Nails inc. - Electric Lane Holographic Top Coat. 

I used many different colours, as you can see. You don't need these exact colours. Pick whatever colours you have at home that matches the political party(ies) that you support.

Anyway, this is how I did. First I applied the CbL's on my nails, I did so by applying he polish on a sponge and  gently dabbing the sponge on the nail. I got a really nice gradient but unfortunately it kind of disappeared when I added the glitters. I also applied the glitter with a sponge and that is something that I recommend that everyone does. The you get loads of glitter but not so much actual nail polish (that's a good thing). When I had applied the glitters I added on coat of holographic tc from Nails inc. and tons of regular tc to smoothen everything out. 
Okay, to be honest. I'm not sure if I LOVE the colour combination. But since today is a very special day, I decided to go for it anyway! So now I wait. Wait for a result that hopefully will mean that Sweden will become a more loving and caring place to live. A place where we take care of each other. A place where we make sure that everybody will have the same rights from birth to death. 

I hope that my swedish readers have voted. If you haven't, then GO GO GO!
If you want to look at other nail art sunday blog posts, head over to Le Lack! Take care, and I'll "talk" to you tomorrow.  

Love,
Christina

6 comments:

  1. WOW, så snyggt! :D Yes, var och röstade i fredags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this art. I also love seeing a nail art enthusiast who is involved in the political process. I hope your party won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of like this manicure! It's bright and hopeful and I think that we will have a different government after this election, but I'm still not totally sure if it's right or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vi har inte samma ideologiska tankar men det hindrar mig inte en sekund från älska din manikyr. Den är helt fantastisk:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Härlig manikyr, särskilt i det den representerar! Synd att F! inte fick ett starkare stöd och tårar över att SD fick dessto mer :(

    ReplyDelete