17.1.14

OPI - Gwen Stefani collection (pic heavy)

Hey Guys!

I was excepting a parcel today but it didn't arrive. I'm really looking forward to show it to you guys but that will have to wait. But I did receive the birthday present from my boyfriend, yay! So instead of a indie brand I give you OPI. The Gwen Stefani collection to be precise. 

The collection was a must-have for me. I love Gwen so I was super excited when it was announced. I pre ordered it from Phoenix beauty lounge. The whole collection was 63,87 CAD with shipping and a bit of a discount :) That's approximately 58 SEK per bottle.


First out is I sing in color. ISIC is a blackened cherry red cream. It does look a bit to brown in the pictures though. The application was great, two coats was enough to achieve full coverage. This is a pretty colour but it doesn't feel like a typical Gwen colour. 


Next up Hey Baby, and indeed this is a Hey baby colour. Classic hot pink cream. Just perfect! I love pink and I think you can have about a million pinks without the need of considering a de-stash :P Two coats and the application was great.  

Over & over a-gwen. This polish was terrible! I don't know if a got a bad bottle, but the formula was dreadful. It was so thin and sheer. I ended up with four coats which is insane. This polish came in a special box with some Swarovski crystals and for me it was a must-have but OPI have a whole lot of red polishes that I would recommend instead of Over & over a-gwen.

When I placed my order Push and shove was still to be announced. I'm a sucker for mystery polishes so I hade to get it. When I found out it was a super chrome I got really excited. Well... They over hyped it. There is no magical mirror effect. The formula is terrible, every flaw on your nails will be visible. I really mean it you will see ALL your nails imperfections. Push and shove comes with a mini bottle of Lay down the base. A base coats that is suppose to improve application. If the applications is that bad with the special base coat I don't even wan't to know how it is without. 


4 in the morning. Hello gorgeous! This is one of my favourites. It dries semi matte, or as OPI calls it "a satin finish". It has silver shimmer that is really nice. I'm going to add TC and show you another day :) Everything with this polish was great both formula and drying time.

In true Stefani fashion is a great glitter topper. On my middle finger I have one coat on the entire nail and on my ring finger I did a gradient. Another of my favourites.

And finally, the master o them all! Love.Angel.Music.Baby. This was love at first sight. It is the gold version of This gown needs a crown. This one, just as 4 in the morning, dries semi matte and has a cool undertone. L.A.M.B was just as great as 4 in the morning when it comes to application and drying time. 


What do you think about the collection? YAY or NAY? Let me know in the comments below :)

Until next time, take care!
/Christina

8 comments:

  1. Jag är både besviken och väldigt nyfiken. Har sett fram emot kollektionen men tror bara jag köper 4 in the morning och Love.Angel.Music.Baby. Kanske Push and shove också, om jag vågar ge mig på det. Var så nyfiken på det lacket så jag tror jag måste testa själv, även om jag säkert blir besviken..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Förresten, tack för fina bilder och din ärliga åsikt!

      Delete
    2. Jag ska testa P&S när jag inte har några lagningar på naglarna. Kanske kan det funka att använda en ridge filler först och sedan applicera baslacket på det. Jag kommer nog experimentera en del med det :) 4 in the morning och L.A.M.B. är definitivt mina två favoriter hoppas att du blir nöjd med dom :)

      Roligt att du gillade inlägget föresten ^_^

      Delete
  2. Jag har hört en del dåligt om Push and Shove.. MEN hur snyggt är det inte? Vet hur mycket jag kommer störa mig när jag sitter där och svär över appliceringen men kommer ändå att älska det. Kommer nog också införskaffa mig L.A.M.B och möjligtvis Hey Baby. Är egentligen inte jätte imponerad över kollektionen men där är iallafall några godbitar. Och snygga bilder och kul att du kör hela kollektionen samtidigt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh... Innan var jag inte sugen med det är jag nu. Satin-lacken tror jag på... De skulle vara fina i samlingen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fina naglar du har =) Tyvärr gillar jag inte kollektionen. Det är ju färger som man har sett innan så lite synd för jag älskar Gwen. Kanske är man kräsen när man redan har så många lack hemma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tack för ditt inlägg! Det finns bara ett lack i den här kollektionen som jag MÅSTE ha, 4 in the morning. Sen är glitterlacket på andra plats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kan möjligtvis tänka mig Hey Baby. Rosa kan man väl aldrig få för mycket av. :-)

    ReplyDelete