25.12.14

Powder Perfect - Mysterium Magnum Collection

Hi cuticle cuties!
I hope that you're having a great day and that you've eaten loads of christmas treats! School and life has been very intense this fall and that's why I haven't posted anything on my blog. If you want to see what my nails look like you can follow me on IG @cilp. 

I have a christmas gift for you! The amazing Mysterium Magnum Collection from Powder Perfect. This collection contains six different shades and I love the variety of finishes. Even though I love holos it's great with creams and glitters once in a while :)

Let's start with my overall thoughts on the collection. All shades are highly pigmented and apply great. The glitters in the glitter polishes spread very well and all shades dry fast with the help of a fast drying tc. I used Digital Flash from Nail Pattern Boldness. I ended up with three coats of each polish, a couple of the shades covered perfectly with two coats but what you see in each picture is three coats :) Let's get started!

Lorelei was a beautiful maiden who was betrayed by her lover and fell to her death from the rocks upon the Rhine River. Since she fell, her song can be heard from the rocks, luring sailors to their death.

Lorelei is a wonderful bright lilac with purple and teal shimmer. It felt so refreshing with a bright shade in a winter collection. I love the colour and it feels like the perfect shade to describe a beautiful maid!
The Griffon is a mythical creature that has been recorded in folklore since the times of Ancient Egypt, Greece and Persia. Frequently depicted as having the head and wings of an eagle, and the body of a lion, the Griffon has been imbued with the best traits of both creatures. 

Griffon is a stunning rusty red holo with greenish/blueish shimmer. It feels like a royal colour and very exclusive just like a mythical creature. 
Werewolf. Shapeshifter. Lycanthrope. These are all names for the same beast. Once a man has been afflicted by this curse, he changes into a wolf during the full moon.

What would be more appropriate than a duochrome polish for a shapeshifter? It shifts from purple to green. I didn't manage to capture the green shift on camera but it is definitely there! Lycantrophe is one of my favourites in the collection, it's breathtaking and it screams Christina.

Fun loving and playful, the fair folk are represented in this delicate pink microglitter Polish. But don’t be fooled by first appearances, as with all the Fae, there is more to be seen upon closer inspection. 

Faerie is another favourite of mine. You guys know that I love micro glitters :) The base is a tinted pink and the glitters spread evenly!

The Leviathan is a gigantic sea monster who inhabits the deepest abysses of the ocean. 

Is there anyone in the nail polish community that doesn't love a denim blue holo? I'd say NAY! Second question, is there anyone in the nail polish community that doesn't love a denim blue holo with glitters? I'd say NAY! This is a very classy colour that is just as stunning on nubs (like my nails) as long stiletto claws. 
Melusina was a water nymph; half woman, half fish, but able to take human form. She met a mortal man and made him promise to let her bath in private as a condition of their marriage. He broke his promise and saw that she was a mermaid as she bathed. Once she discovered his treachery she fled and was never seen in human form again. She lives on in the whispers over the water, protecting her descendants. 
THIS! OMG! I love jellies with glitter. Melusina is stunning, squishy and perfect! Just look at her <3


There you have it! If you're interested in any of the colours Edgy Polish is a Swedish reseller of Powder Perfect and here is the Powder Perfect website. 

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the holidays! 
Take care and I promise I will talk to you soon <3
Love,
Christina

4 comments:

  1. Alla utom Lorelei skulle kunna få flytta hem till mig. Fantastiskt fina! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. De ser jättefina ut! Och kul att du bloggar igen:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a nice review... I have my favorite .. it is the Griffon so unic his shade and I love it great match name/ colour... lorelei is alos beautiful and leviathan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete