25.5.14

Nail art Sunday - Election day!

Before we start with the nail polish talk we need to discuss something else. Something that is super important to me. Please do have in mind that english is my second language. I will do my best, but be nice :)

In Sweden today is the final day to vote for the European Union election. There are of course different political parties both left, and right winged that run in the election. There are also single-issue political parties, green parties and so on. I try to have an open mind and think that every party have their plan to make Sweden, and EU the best they can. 

What is scary is that all over Europe far right political parties are gaining ground. We have one in Sweden as well. The Swedish democrats. Europe has a really dark past and a lot of us europeans are worried that we might go down that road again. There are countries that are discussing if homosexuals should be allowed to work with children because of their sexual orientation, HOW INSANE IS THAT!?  In the southern part of Sweden, where I live, police made a special register of romani people as young as two years old. In Spain 400 incidents of violence against women are reported EVERY DAY! In Sweden, one of the most equal countries in the world, on average 17 women are killed by their husband, boyfriend, ex-husband or ex-boyfriend. This is where Europe is heading :(
So, what can one do change this pattern? VOTE! When not voting other people will use our silence. There are people in the world that die fighting for their right to vote. It is as much a right as a obligation. 
My vote goes to a political party that want's to give the romani people the respect and rights they deserve. They are working for the LGBTQ-comunity's and women's rights among other things. They are called Feminist Initiative and I support them fully. 

Just to clear a few things out.
Being a feminist does not mean that I hate men. It doesn't mean that you have to have hairy legs and armpist and never wear make-up!
A feminist is a person that wants every women, man and anyone who identify themselves in a different way to be able to be themselves. A feminist is person who is tired of the gender rolls we have in society. Teaching boys to like this and girls to like that. Girls aren't born loving pink, WE teach them. In the exact same way we teach boys to like techy gadgets and cars.

I want to see a change, I'm tired of the objectification of women in media, the fact that men still get paid more for the exact same work. I'm tired that the violence against women is a women's issue in politics, especially since more women die in close relations than people die in wars.

I'm sorry about the wall of text but this is really important to me and I hope that all of my European readers will vote for a more loving and respectful Europe!       
This Nail art Sunday has the EU-election as theme. I got really excited, I have done a simple nail art with neon pink studs and This love is smokin' hot from Too Fancy Lacquer. I added matte TC on my white nails and Seche vite on the others. I think it's super cute :)
Until next time, take care AND VOTE!
/Christina

9 comments:

  1. What you said! Every word of it! And cute nail art too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mycket bra skrivet! Och väldigt fin och fräsch manikyr :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Härligt med folk som vågar ta ställning och vågar ta plats, ni behövs för att göra åsikterna hörda:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay för FI!!
    Dessvärre oerhört besviken på att ett visst annat parti fick så galet många röster, helt ofattbart i mina ögon.. Usch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!!!!!!! <33333333333


    *insert happy rainbow kitten riding on a galaxy poodle*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Håller helt med dig i din text! Älskar din nail art också! Superfin!

    ReplyDelete